With this version I added ground almonds for the extra fat and protein as well as pumpkin seeds for crunch. I made enough for 3-4 servings and have portioned it up into ramekins stored in sandwich bags for the first half of the week. To serve I'll be adding extra yoghurt, raspberries and blueberries.
You will need:
70g rolled oats
1 apple, grated
50g ground almonds
30g pumpkin seeds
3 tbsp yoghurt
3 tbsp apple juice
Assorted fresh fruit to serve
1. Add the oats to a mixing bowl and grate the apple to one side. Don't do this in advance as the apple will brown soon after grating.
2. Add the apple to the oats.
3. Add the ground almonds or more coarse chunks if you prefer.
4. Add the pumpkin seeds.
5. Then add the yoghurt and apple juice. I added around 3 tbsp of each but dependent upon the dry ingredients you use, you may wish to add more for the oats to soak up.
6. Mix together and leave. The mixture can be left for as little as half an hour or overnight before consuming. It will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.